I. Chọn từ có gạch dưới có phát âm khác với các từ còn lại. (1.5 điểm)
1. A. picnic
2. A. blanket
3. A. formal
4. A. computer
5. A. added
6. A. symbol
II. Chọn đáp án đúng nhất trong A, B, C hoặc D để điền vào chỗ trống. (2 điểm)
1. We often take part in many __________ activities at school.
A. culture B. culturally C. cultured D. cultural
2. A: Thank you very much for that!
B: Well, _________________.
A. you're welcome B. of course C. thank you D. I don't mind
3. It's no use ___________ children _________ quiet. They are always noisy.
A. to ask/to keep B. asking/keeping C. to ask/keeping D. asking/to keep
4. If it's raining tomorrow, we shall have to ___________ the match till Sunday.
A. put away B. put out in C. put off D. put on
5. Do you know _________ ?
A. who how many people go on Sundays to church B. who go to church on Sundays how many people
C. how many people who go on Sundays to church D. how many people who go to church on Sundays
6. If we had known your new address, we ________ to see you.
A. came B. will come C. would come D. would have come
7. He looked forward to ________ his first pay check.
A. receive B. had received C. be receiving D. receiving
8. It took weeks to get used to __________ someone else around.
A. have B. having C. had D. has
9. I want to have my suit _________. I’m going to a wedding on Saturday.
A. cleaned B. cleaning C. clean D. to clean
10. Are these the books _________ you have been looking for?
A. who B. which C. whose D. whom
III. Chia dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc. (1.5 điểm)
1.Alice had a .................................. day at work and went to bed early. (tire)
2.Food and clothing are .................................. of life. (necessary)
3.His dream is to be an .................................. like his father when he grows up. (economy)
4.Japan is an .................................. country. (industry)
5.She can find no .................................. to her financial troubles. (solve)
IV. Tìm một lỗi sai trong các câu cho dưới đây. (1.5 điểm)
1.They asked a lot of questions, checked their figures, and came up with a bestsolution.
A. asked B. checked C. came up with D. a best
2.We will be interviewed all job applicants as soon as their papers have beenprocessed.
A. will be interviewed B. job applicants C. as soon as D. have been
3.This telephone isn’t as cheap the other one, but it works much better.
A. as cheap B. the other one C. much D. better
4.That secretary of mine is so efficient that she always amazes myself with herspeed.
A. mine B. she C. myself D. her
5.Most students were able of finding good jobs three to six months after graduation.
A. Most students B. were C. of finding D. after graduation
6.Suzy had better to change her study habits if she hopes to be admitted to a good university.
A. had B. to change C. hopes to be admitted D. to
V. Đọc đoạn văn dưới đây và chọn câu trả lời đúng. (2 điểm)
In the early years of television, educational specialists believed that it would be very useful in teaching and learning. Many schools have brought television sets, intending to use them effectively to improve the quality of education; but actually they are rarely used properly in classrooms. Meanwhile, children spend the majority of their out-of-school hours watching TV and their typical school days proceed as if television did not exist.
There are some explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers. Firstly, the schools that purchased television sets have not set aside money for equipment repairs and maintenance so these television sets are sooner and later out of order. Secondly these schools have not found an effective way to train teachers to integrate television into their ongoing instructional programs. Lastly, most teachers do not regard the quality of television and its usefulness in the classroom.
Teachers at the schools work hard for at least twelve years to train their students to become good readers. However, according to recent statistics, teenagers seldom spend their free time reading books and newspapers but watching television instead.
1. The text is about _______________.
A. the use of television at schools B. teaching and learning television
C. educational specialists D. watching TV outside school
2. When TV first appeared, educational specialists _______________.
A. did not appreciate it B. somewhat appreciate it
C. believed it would be useful for schooling D. banned children from watching TV
3. According to the text, TV ___________________.
A. has not been used properly in classrooms B. has been used effectively in classrooms
C. has not existed in classrooms D. has not existed in classrooms
4. There are _____________ explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers.
A. two B. three C. four D. five
5. Children spend their free time _________________.
A. reading books B. reading newspapers C. learning foreign languages D. watching TV
6. The word "it" in the first sentence is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. television B. educational specialists C. early years D. none of A, B or C
7. The word "rarely" is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. hardly B. seldom C. never D. forever
8. The word "out of order" is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. running perfectly B. running well C. broken down D. thrown away
VI. Chọn câu viết lại đúng nhất với câu cho trước. (1.5 điểm)
1. I missed the cartoon on TV.
=> I wish ______________.
A. I had missed the catoon on TV B. I had not missed the catoon on TV
C. did not miss the catoon on TV D. have not missed the catoon on TV
2. He is upset that he is not good at English.
=> He wishes ________________.
A. he was good at English B. he is good at English
C. he were good at English D. he would be good at English
3. Fiona lost her wallet on the way to her home.
=> Fiona wishes ____________________.
A. she did not lose her wallet on the way to her home B. she had not lost her wallet on the way to her home
C. she lost her wallet on the way to her home D. she has not lost her wallet on the way to her home
4. It's a pity that you didn't tell me about your problem. I might help you.
=> I wish ______________________ so I could help you.
A. you had told me about your problem B. you told me about your problem
C. I told you about my problem D. I had told you about my problem
5. "Unfortunately, I have something to do so I can't come to the beach with you tomorrow. I'm so sorry." she said to me.
=> I wish __________________________.
A. I could come to the beach with you tomorrow B. I can come to the beach with you tomorrow
C. she can come to the beach with me tomorrow D. she could come to the beach with me tomorrow