Bài học cùng chủ đề
Listen and complete the sentences.
1. is a normal part of life.
2. and school are causes that makes teenagers stress.
3. Teenagers are stressed with their social with friends.
4. of time or having too much to do often causes stress.
5. Stress that hangs around for a long period of time can be to your child's health and well being.
Listen again and decide if each statement is true (T) or false (F).
|1. Stress can even be beneficial in some situations.|
|2. Expectations and pressure to do well at school from parents and family don't cause stress.|
|3. Life challenges, such as leaving school or getting into tertiary studies or employment can cause stress.|
|4. We can't support our children when they are stressed.|
|5. Having a chat to the family doctor is a way to help the children free from stress.|
Listen to a woman talking about the findings of a survey on teenagers' stress. Decide if the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
According to the survey,
|1. Both adults and young people can get stressed.|
|2. 30 - to - 70 - year olds are experiencing higher stress level than they consider to be healthy.|
|3. The most common reason for teenagers' stress is school.|
|4. Thinking about what to do after high school is not a source of stress for teens.|
|5. Stress affects teens emotionally only.|
Listen again. List 5 stress symptoms mentioned in the talk.
Rearrange to make a dialogue.
- Miss Lan: First, you should be supportive of your son and listen to what he says.
- Quan's mother: I see. We always have conversations over dinner.
- Miss Lan: Your son's behaviour is fairly typical. He'll be OK within a few weeks.
- Miss Lan: The move to grade 9 can be hard even for the best students. They are expected to take more responsibility for their schoolwork.
- Quan's mother: We have always been very close, but now he seems very quiet.
- Quan's mother: I'm becoming very concerned about my son. He has to deal with a lot of pressure at the new class.
- Quan's mother: How can I help my son to get over the problems?
- Miss Lan: Then, you should provide him a quiet place for homework... (cont.)
Rearrange to make a dialogue.
- Miss Lan: Finally, make his friends welcome in your home.
- Quan's mother: Sometimes he says he has no homework.
- Quan's mother: My son is very good at football. I'll encourage him to join the football club at school.
- Quan's mother: He has his own bedroom, but he often studies at his study table at the corner of the living room.
- Miss Lan: If there are several clubs at school, you should support his participation in extracurricular activities.
- Quan's mother: I agree with you. Anything else that I should do to help my son, Miss Lan?
- Miss Lan: If so, your son can do anything that he likes. You shouldn't put more pressure when he has nothing to do at home.
- Miss Lan: And set him the time for homework. Make sure that he uses this time before watching TV.
A. It provides 24-hour advice service on child-related issues.
B. Children aged from 15 to 18 were the most frequent callers.
C. And there is a state-run helpline known as Magic Number.
D. Children from northern provinces, especially mountainous areas, made the highest number of calls to
E. It has received more than 1.5 million calls from children and adults over the past 10 years.
F. A meeting was held in Ha Noi to celebrate the 12 th anniversary of the helpline.
G. The helpline was set up in 2004 with support from Plan International Viet Nam.
Complete the conversation about the service of a child helpline, using the responses (A-G) given. There are two extra ones.
Nick: Is there any child helpline in Viet Nam, Mi?
Mi: Of course, Nick.
Nick: When did it start operating?
Mi: And the free service is available for parents and children on 18001567.
Nick: Which service does it provide, Mi?
Nick: So it's convenient for children and their parents to get help.
Mi: 69 per cent of them came from children.
Nick: In which regions do children need more help than others?
Mi: Children from Mekong Delta provinces made the least number of calls to the helpline.
Nick: I see. I think the service is very helpful.
(Kéo thả hoặc click vào để điền)
Base on what you know, order the followings from the most common to the least common stressors for teens.
- personal thoughts
- lack of life skills
Now down two main things that you are now feeling stressed about.
- What are they?
- Why are you feeling stressed about them?
Bạn có thể đánh giá bài học này ở đây