Review 1 (Unit 1-2-3) SVIP
Choose the odd one out.
Match the pictures with the correct words.
(Kéo thả hoặc click vào để điền)
Choose the correct answer to complete the sentence.
Most people like _______ photos and posting them on their social networking accounts.
Be careful! Don't drop that bottle. It's very _________.
Model making is a wonderful way of ________ time alone or even with other people.
Don't read or study when there is not enough light because it is _________ to your eyes.
You can share your stamps ______ other collectors ______ a stamp club.
I think you should take up swimming ________ it is suitable for your health condition.
He has ________ blood several times because he thinks many patients need it.
Junk foods are high in fat, sodium and sugar, which can lead to ________.
There are many reasons ________ it is important to have a hobby.
Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. I enjoy (fish) because it (be) relaxing.
2. We find (arrange) flowers interesting because it (help) us relax.
3. I really love (skate) in the park with my friends.
4. He dislikes (play) board games because he loses all the time.
5. My friend, Lily, is interested in (collect) plastic bottles to recycle.
Complete these sentences with "and, or, but, so".
1. Fruit tastes good, it's healthy for your body.
2. Don't sit too close to the screen, you may hurt your eyes.
3. Please wake me up at 5, we may leave at 6 in the morning.
4. The Japanese eat healthily, they have high life expectancy.
5. He has toothache, he still eats a lot of sweets and cakes.
Choose the correct answer to complete the sentences.
1. My sister practises/ will practise/ practised the guitar twice a week.
2. Don't worry. I go/ will go/ going fishing with you next Saturday morning.
3. Sally often spend/ will spend/ spends her free time helping elderly people at the hospital.
4. I hope he will teach/ teaches/ is teaching me how to do eggshell carving.
5. Jenifer says that she likes collecting dolls, but she doesn't/ isn't/ won't continue in the future.
Complete the senteces with "more" or "less".
1. Your eyes look very tired. Let your eyes rest and watch TV.
2. The popular thing to lose weight is “eat and exercise ”.
3. Spend time in front of screens, such as the phone, TV or computer. It's not good for your eyes.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Did you ever do/ Have you ever done volunteer work?
2. This is my grandparents' house. They lived/ have lived here for more than 50 years.
3. Did you see/ Have you seen Peter at the party last night?
4. I read/ have read this book twice and I still find it very interesting.
5. They didn't play/ haven't played very well yesterday. They lost the match.
Find the mistake in these sentences.
Matha is a great cooker and she often cooks dinner for homeless people.
I feel very happy because I can do a difference in our community.
Kim hasn't seen the film already, so don't tell her how it ends.
Some of my friend think that collecting stamps are very interesting.
Eating more fruits and vegetables to get vitamins, minerals, fiber.
Read the text and choose the correct answer to complete it.
It's not in America for a person to belong to some kinds of volunteer group. one's time and services is very much a part of the American way of life. Most activities are organized by churches and groups around the nation and even encouraged by the government. The hand is extended to the poor, the homeless and the . Some people work to teach youngsters how to read, others open up soup kitchens to support the homeless. Volunteers also take care of the disabled by making reading tapes for the blind and working in to help children without parents.
(Kéo thả hoặc click vào để điền)
Listen and choose the correct answer.
Form the question for the underlined part.
I often share my hobby with my best friend.
Some of our volunteers work with local people to provide facilities such as desks, chairs, boards,...
Rearrange these words to make a complete sentence.
- in Vietnam.
- the pandemic
- volunteer programs
- have been
- the charitable
- money or clothes
- Community service
- a perfect opportunity
- closer to
- to become
- the community.