V. LISTENING: Listen to the passage and choose the correct answer.
35. What percentage of Britain's population dream of living in the country?
A. 18% B. 80% C. 20% D. 28%
36. English village communities are often small and __________.
A. close B. poor C. unknown D. famous
37. Maggie lives in __________ .
A. North England B. North Yorkshire C. Northern D. Sourth Yorkshire
38. Which is village life good for, according to Maggie ?
A. Children B. People who have money
C. People who don't have money D. retired people.
39. People in English villages use private transport __________.
A. a little B. less C. more D. much
40. The environment of English villages is __________
A. spoil B. not spoilt much C. not safe D. too polluted
Giúp mk vs ạ !Mk cần gấp TTĐọc tiếp...
BẠN NÀO GIÚP MÌNH VỚI HUHU KO CẦN LÀM HẾT CŨNG ĐƯỢC ,CẢM ƠN NHIỀU
I. Choose the word that has underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. vast b. cart c. craft d.paddy
2. a. scarf b. school c. science d. scare
3. a. terraced b. satisfied c. hooked d. relaxed
4. a. ethnic b. unique c. basic d. diverse
5. a. sure b. soundly c. simple d. stilt
II. Underline the correct form of the word.
1. We’ve all been working very hard / hardly and now we’re tired
2. Our school Internet connection is really slow / slowly.
3. What’s the matter with him? He looks angry / angrily.
4. The children are playing quiet / quietly in the garden.
5. Rural areas are common / commonly known as the countryside or a village.
6. Nomadic children are very brave / bravely to learn to ride a horse at the age of five.
7. The sun is shining bright / brightly through the trees.
8. We all find living in the city very stressful / stressfully.
9. Don’t talk so fast / fastly– I can’t understand what you’re saying.
10. John was a kindly and generous / generously man.
III. Underline the correct words or phrases.
1. Cattle usually cross over the road. You should drive more careful / more carefully.
2. Life in some parts of the country is boring / more boring than that in other parts.
3. The old usually get up earlier / more early than the young.
4. An ox doesn’t plough weller / better than a buffalo.
5. These 7 thinking habits will help you become more confident / more confidently.
IV. Write a comparative sentence using the information and the word in brackets.
1. The average rainfall in Arica, Chile is 0.76mm per year. The average rainfall in the Libyan Sahara Desert is less than 15mm per year. (dry)
2. Henry arrived at the meeting at 7 o’clock. I arrived at 6:45. (soon)
3. It costs 100 million dong to build a concrete bridge, but only 50 million dong to build a steel bridge. (expensive)
Building a concrete bridge
4. It takes Linh 45 minutes to load hay onto the cart, but his father needs only 30 minutes. (slowly)
5. His house’s yard is about 100 square meters while your house’s yard is about 50 square meters. (large)
His house’s yard
6. A horse can run 80km/h while a dog can run 50km/h. (fast)
V. Choose the answer a, b, c or d to complete the sentence.
1. We are all hook ________ making star lanterns.
a. in b. off c. on d. to
2. Their family have moved to the city ________ 2001.
a. horn b.for c.in d. since
3. The Kinh have the largest number of people, ________ for 86% of the population.
a. holding b.taking c. accounting d. numbering
4. I’m tired of ________ inthe city. It’s too busy, noisy and dirty.
a. live b.to live c.to be lived d. living
5. ________ drop that mobile phone and do your homework?
a. Why don’t you b. How about c. Would you mind d. When did you
6. The Hmong of Sa Pa are called Black Hmong ________ their mainly black clothing.
a. because of b.in spite of c.in order to d. according to
7. People in rural areas live ________ than those in cities.
a. simplier b.more simply c. more simple d. simpler
8. The highlands of northern Vietnam are home to the 1.5 million-strong Tay, ________ minority group.
a. Vietnam’s largest b. the Vietnam’s largest
c. a Vietnam’s largest d. the largest Vietnam
9. ________ is the Nung’s clothing? ~ Indigo.
a. What b.Which group c. What colour d. Whose
10 ‘I find it hard to build a toy car.’ ‘But ________’
a. my pleasure b. it’s my fault.
c. it sounds great! d. it’s right up your street!
VI. Choose the item among A, B, C or D that best answers the question about the passage.
Living in the country is something that people from the city often dream about. However, in reality, it has both advantages and disadvantages.
There are certainly many advantages of living in the country. First, you can enjoy peace and quietness. Moreover, people tend to be friendlier. A further advantage is that there is less traffic, so it is safer for young children.
However, there are certain disadvantages or drawbacks to life outside the city. First, because there are fewer people, you are likely to have few friends. In addition, entertainment is difficult to find, particularly in the evening. Furthermore, the fact that there are fewer shops and services so it is quite hard to find jobs. As a result, you may have to travel a long way to work, which can be extremely expensive.
In conclusion, it can be seen that the country is more suitable for some people than others. On the whole, it is often the best place for those who are retired or who have young children. In contrast, young or single people who have a career are better provided for in the city.
1. According to the passage, living in the country has .
A. both good and bad points B. only bad points
C. only good points D. no disadvantages
2. How many advantages does living in the country have?
A. Two B. Four C. Three D. No
3. Living in the country is safer for young children because .
A. there are few shops B. there is less traffic
C. there are fewer people D. there are few services
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
A. The country is only suitable for retired people.
B. It’s hard to find entertainment in the country.
C. There are fewer shops and services in the country.
D. People in the country tend to be friendlier than people in the city.
5. Having few friends is .
A. one of drawbacks to life in the country
B. the only disadvantage of living in the country
C. one of certain advantages to life outside the city
D. one of certain drawbacks to life outside the city
Combine each pair of sentences, using , where, why”:
1. Sunday is a day. Very few people go to work on that day.
2. The Saturday evening was very pleasant. We were at the on that evening.
3. I suggest you the time. You can meet your director at that time.
4. We haven’t seen John and Susan since 1990. They got married in that year.
5. Monday is a day of the week. My boss is most busy on that day.
6. The president’s last visit was in March. He opened the new hospitals in that month.
7. The year was full of calamities. My grandfather died in that year.
8. Do you still remember the day? We first met on that day.
9. My uncle will never forget the day of the March 10th. He returned to his native land on that day.
10. Can you arrange the time? We can have another discussion about this problem at that time.
11. Tom has just been to the town. He was born in that town.
12. The hotel wasn’t very clean. We stayed there.
13. I recently went back to the village school. I studied there in my childhood.
14. We can have a really good meal in the restaurant. Do you know that restaurant?
15. There’s a canteen. We usually have lunch there.Đọc tiếp...
IV. Give the correct form/ tense of the verbs in brackets. (1 pt)1. No one (enjoy) ______________________ going to hospital.2. We (be) ________________________students in four years.3. A new bridge (build) ________________________ in our city soon.4. I will send him the message as soon as he (return) ________________________.5. He sent a telegram for his mother (inform) _________________________good news.6. You (see) the film on television last night? ___________________________No, I (see) ________________________it twice.7. She gets fat because she is always tasting things while she (cook) _____________________.8. The package has (be) _______________ there tomorrow. It (be) there in time? ___________- Don’t worry. I am going to send it by express mail.V. Complete the following paragraph by filling in each numbered gap with an appropriate form of the wordin block capitals. (1pt)1. I want to know what the _____________________ of this lake is. (DEEP)2. This knife is _____________________ I can’t cut anything with it. (USE)3. _____________________ are one of the animals which are harmful to our crops. (MOUSE)4. During his ______________________the family used to live in the country side. (CHILD)5. On a ____________________ day, we have to learn 4 hours with different subjects. (TYPE)6. After the explosion, only two people were left _______________________. (LIVE)7. Guitar is a _______________________instrument. (MUSIC)8. I want to rent a ________________________apartment, please. (FURNITURE)9. Walking in the rain gives me ________________________. (PLEASE)10. You must be careful when playing video games. They can be _______________.(ADDICT)Đọc tiếp...
V. Choose the best answer to complete the short dialogues.
1. –“Bye!” –“_____________.”
A. See you lately B. Thank you C. Meet you again D. See you later
2. –“I’ve passed my driving test.” –“_____________.”
A. Congratulations! B. That’s a good idea.
C. It’s nice of you to say so. D. Do you?
3. –“Would you like to have dinner with me?” –“______________.”
A. Yes, I’d love to B. Yes, so do I C. I’m very happy D. Yes, it is
4. –“____________where the nearest post office is?” –“Turn left and then turn right.”
A. Could you tell me B. Should you show me
C. Do you tell me D. Will you say me
5. –“Happy Christmas!” –“____________.”
A. The same to you! B. Happy Christmas with you!
C. You are the same! D. Same for you!
6. –“Thank you very much for a lovely party.” –“______________.”
A. Cheers B. Thanks C. Have a good day D. You are welcome
7. –“Would you like something to eat?" –“______________. I'm not hungry now.”
A. Yes, I would B. No, no problem C. No, thanks D. Yes, it is
8. –“Thanks for the lovely evening." –“_____________.”
A. Yes, it's really great B. No, it's not good
C. Oh, that's right D. I'm glad you enjoyed it
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the italic part in each of the following questions.
1. One of the key to successful business is careful planning.
A. falling B. victorious C. faulty D. impossible
2. Mr. Smith’s new neighbors appear to be very friendly.
A. unhappy B. generous C. unfriendly D. sastified
3. Mr. Brown is a very generous old man. He has given most of his wealth to a charity organization.
A. hospitable B. honest C. kind D. mean
4. In the first two decades of its existence, the cinema developed rapidly.
A. leisurely B. sluggishly C. weakly D. shortly
5. Thousands are going starving because of the failure of this year's harvest.
A. hungry B. poor C. rich D. full
6. She had many drawbacks in a small apartment in Boston.
A. advantages B. disadvantages C. comfortables D. convinience
Giúp mk vs ạ !Mk cần gấp TT
Được cập nhật 16 tháng 10 lúc 14:06
Exercise 1: Choose the best answer
1. My nephew ___________ hard, but now he is very lazy.
A. used to study B. didn’t use to study
2. He ____________ an engineer, but now he is the President.
A. used to have B. used to be
3. Jack ____________ ice-cream, but now he hates it.
A. used to like B. uses to like
4. When I was young, I ___________ with dolls, but now I don't anymore.
A. used to play B. didn’t use to play
5. He __________ The Beatles, but now he never listens to them.
A. didn’t use to listen to B. used to like
6. They ___________ but now they are divorced.
A. used to be married B. used to married
7. Kate _____________ early, but now she always gets up late.
A. used to get up B. didn’t use to get up
8. Mark _______________ in the countryside, but now he moves from the city to the countryside.
A. used to live B. didn’t use to live
9. Jenifer ____________ folk music, but now she can’t live without it.
A. used to like B. didn’t use to like
10. I__________get up late last year
A. used to B. use to
1. My mum lived in a small village when she was a girl.
→ My mum used to live in a small village when she was a girl.
2. We cycled to school two years ago.
→ We ___________________________________________________
3. His uncle was a bus driver some years ago, but now he is a farmer.
→ His uncle_______________________________________________
4. Her parents stayed in the USA when they were young.
→ Her parents__________________________________________________
5. Jim was my best friend, but we aren’t friends any more.
6. Nam played tennis a lot 2 years ago
→ Nam ______________________________________________
Giúp mình đi ! AI nhanh mình tick cho!Đọc tiếp...
Exercise 1: Điền giới từ before, after hoặc between vào chỗ trống.
1) Monday comes ____Tuesday.
2) September comes ___August.
3) They built our house ___2010 and 2011.
4) The number 100 comes ____99.
5) Autumn comes ___winter.
6) Kevin will be at school ___2 o’clock and 5 o’clock this afternoon.
7) You can meet the manager ____9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
8) Remember to switch off the light ____you leave your room.
9) Do you sort clothes by color ____you wash them?
10) I always wash my hands ____I go to the toilet.
Exercise 2: Complete the sentences. Use the prepositions of time
1) I’ll see you on Wednesday.
2) I’m going to Laos………….….. January.
3) We must be there……………………..…8.30 and 9.15.
4) The bank closes……….…..3 p.m. If you arrives………………….3 p.m, the bank will be closed.
5) I’ll be home …………….………...7 because I want to see the seven o’clock news.
6) I’m going to a wedding………………………September 5th .
7) Susan and Tony met……………….………the summer.
8) I woke up……………….…….midnight.
9) Children often get presents from Santa Claus…………………….……Christmas.
10) Do we have any national holiday…………………………May?
11). The traffic always crowded……………..……….Monday and Friday.
Giúp mình với nhé !Đọc tiếp...
Exercise 1: Điền giới từ in, on hoặc at vào chỗ trống.
1) The sun shines brightly ____July.
2) My grandmother gets up early _____the morning.
3) William Shakespeare died ____1616.
4) Our last meeting was ____February 3rd.
5) People don’t have to work ____Independence Day.
6) She usually walks her dog ____5 pm.
7) Susan’s family members gather ____Christmas.
8) He likes reading newspapers ____Sundays.
9) Our team discusses our ideas ____lunchtime.
10) My father’s birthday is _____autumn.
Giúp với mn ơi !Đọc tiếp...
Dưới đây là những câu có bài toán hay do Online Math lựa chọn.