V. Đọc đoạn văn dưới đây và chọn câu trả lời đúng. (2 điểm)
In the early years of television, educational specialists believed that it would be very useful in teaching and learning. Many schools have brought television sets, intending to use them effectively to improve the quality of education; but actually they are rarely used properly in classrooms. Meanwhile, children spend the majority of their out-of-school hours watching TV and their typical school days proceed as if television did not exist.
There are some explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers. Firstly, the schools that purchased television sets have not set aside money for equipment repairs and maintenance so these television sets are sooner and later out of order. Secondly these schools have not found an effective way to train teachers to integrate television into their ongoing instructional programs. Lastly, most teachers do not regard the quality of television and its usefulness in the classroom.
Teachers at the schools work hard for at least twelve years to train their students to become good readers. However, according to recent statistics, teenagers seldom spend their free time reading books and newspapers but watching television instead.
1. The text is about _______________.
A. the use of television at schools B. teaching and learning television
C. educational specialists D. watching TV outside school
2. When TV first appeared, educational specialists _______________.
A. did not appreciate it B. somewhat appreciate it
C. believed it would be useful for schooling D. banned children from watching TV
3. According to the text, TV ___________________.
A. has not been used properly in classrooms B. has been used effectively in classrooms
C. has not existed in classrooms D. has not existed in classrooms
4. There are _____________ explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers.
A. two B. three C. four D. five
5. Children spend their free time _________________.
A. reading books B. reading newspapers C. learning foreign languages D. watching TV
6. The word "it" in the first sentence is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. television B. educational specialists C. early years D. none of A, B or C
7. The word "rarely" is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. hardly B. seldom C. never D. forever
8. The word "out of order" is closest in meaning with _____________.
A. running perfectly B. running well C. broken down D. thrown away